sabato 27 ottobre 2012

Passione

Il grande (e, oggi, quasi ignoto) tenore torrese, Francesco Albanese.
The great (and, today, virtually unknown) tenor from Torre del Greco, Francesco Albanese.



PASSIONE
Bovio - Tagliaferri - Valente

(Scroll down for the English translation)

Cchiù luntana me staje,
cchiù vicina te sento...
Chisá a chi stu mumento
tu a che pienze ...che faje...
Tu mm’hê miso int’ ’e vvéne
nu veleno ch’è ddoce.
Nun me pesa sta croce
ca trascino pe’ te!...

Te voglio...te penzo...te chiammo...
te veco...te sento...te sonno...
E' n'anno
- ce pienze ch’è n’anno -
ca st’uocchie nun ponno
cchiù pace truvà...

E cammino, cammino,
ma nun saccio addó vaco...
I’ stó sempe ’mbriaco
e nun bevo maje vino...
Aggio fatto nu vuto
’a Madonna d’ ’a neve:
si mme passa sta freve,
oro e perle lle dó...

Te voglio (ecc.)

The farther from me you are, the closer to you I feel
Who knows at this moment, what you’re thinking, what you’re doing!
You’ve put into my veins, a venom that is sweet
How heavy is this cross, that I bear for you!

I want you, I think of you, I call to you
I see you, I hear you, I dream of you
A year, just think it's been a whole year
that these eyes have known no peace!

I walk and I walk, but I don’t know where I’m going
I’m always inebriated, though I drink no wine
I’ve made a vow, to the Madonna of the Snows
if I get past this fever, gold and pearls I’ll offer her

I want you (etc.)

 
Recorded/Inciso nel 1941

ADDENDUM (13 January/gennaio 2013)
Per un contrasto interessante, ecco un’interpretazione, inciso solo un anno dopo da Beniamino Gigli. La dizione è meno autentica, ma le emozioni che Gigli infonde nella sua voce sono incredibili!
As an interesting contrast, here is an interpretation, recorded only a year later by Beniamino Gigli. The diction is less authentic, but the emotions that Gigli injects into his voice are incredible!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento