giovedì 4 luglio 2013

Savory tart with potatoes, onions, pancetta, & beer!


My readers know me pretty well by now. They know that every so often a recipe will captivate me to the point of distraction, and that the only way to break the spell is for me to write to the author of the recipe, begging him or her to allow me to translate the recipe into English on my blog.

"La Cucina di ASI" by Annalisa Altini is one of my favorite blogs, one that I read regularly. You've already figured out that I adore this recipe, so without any further ado: Tortino al forno di cipolle, patate, e pancetta!, by Annalisa Altini.

Ingredients for 6 people:

6 medium potatoes
100 g pancetta, cut in little cubes
3 white onions
80 g freshly grated pecorino romano 
200 mL (6¾ fl. oz.) of beer (not too dark)
salt

Preparation

Peel the potatoes and the onions, and slice both of them thin. In an oven pan make a layer of potatoes, then add the onions, pancetta, and sprinkle with pecorino. Top with just a bit of salt and begin another layer, following the same order of ingredients.  Bathe all of it in beer, and put the pan in a preheated  350° oven for about 1½ hours, until the top is golden brown and crispy!  Serve when it has cooled off somewhat but is still warm.  Enjoy!

tortino patate cipolle pancetta birra La cucina di ASI

2 commenti: